Wuzhen Water Town
Some say Wuzhen is the Venice of the East. Some say Wuzhen is the most successful old Town in Tourism. Wuzhen is different in different people’s eyes. You can find inner peace in tranquil atmosphere in Wuzhen old water channels and you can also find romance and passion in the mortal night life.
Best Time to visit: Spring and Autumn
Recommended Duration: 1 - 2 days Open Hours: 7:00-22:00 (hostels and hotels are available inside the scenic area)
Location: Wuzhen Town, Tongxiang 314500, China
What attractions are in Wuzhen Water Town?Main attractions are divided into and requiring a ticket to visit.
West Scenic Zone
·Consists of 12 small islands connected by more than 70 small Bridges.
·The night scene here is the most popular. You can sit on the boat to experience the blue curtain of time overflow color.
·West Scenic Zone , you can not only experience the quaint charm of water town, but also enjoy the comfort and convenience of modern life.·
China Post Office
·Founded during the reign of emperor Guangxu of the Qing dynasty, the brick and tile structure of the building and the western-style iron gate reveal a strong sense of history
·It was established during the reign of emperor Guangxu of the Qing dynasty and is still in business today, and it still carries out correspondence according to the old way of sending mails.
·You can write a postcard or send a letter here, cover the postmark of Wuzhen, drop into the postbox, and just make a worthwhile trip to Wuzhen.
Grass and wood dyeing house
· Located in Wuzhen West Scenic Zone, covering an area of 2,500 square meters, it is paved with black bricks, with dense high poles and stepped clothes-drying racks on a rather large scale.
· It makes blue printed cloth with bluegrass as raw material, and has a unique colorful baking process. The finished product is very beautiful.
· It has become a good place for people to take photos, and tourists often come here to take photos of beautiful individual blockbusters.
Photo of the Dyeing House
· Water market is the place where Wuzhen residents used to drive boats to the morning market for centralized trading, but now there are still small water markets.
· This is a unique place in Wuzhen. Every morning, boats carrying fresh vegetables and domestic animals come to the river junction for sale.
As long as the residents along the river shouted, the boat would swing to the water pavilion, and they could buy fresh vegetables without going out. They were very popular with the residents, and they are still thriving today.
· Various kinds of snack shops on both sides of the water market. At the edge of the wooden trestle, carp will play in the water.
East Scenic Zone
· East Scenic Zone has become one of the best ancient towns in the south of the Yangtze river with its authentic water town style and thousand-year cultural heritage.
· The river forms the street, connecting the street bridge, building houses, and integrating the water town, reflecting the humanistic thought of harmony through the beauty of Chinese classical dwellings.
· Here we have a complete water town landscape and a rich atmosphere of life. Handmade workshops and traditional shops all have their own characteristics, and featured pavilions are full of beautiful designs and decorations.
· In addition, the shadow puppetry theater, Sanjiu workshop, Xiuzhen Temple, Mao Dun's former residence and other scenic spots, we can also watch boxing, high-pole boat and other performances.
· Compared with the west gate, the east gate is small and vigorous, which is suitable for tourists who take time out from their busy schedule to enjoy the customs of water town town for one or two days.
Jiangnan Bed Museum
Jiangnan Bed Museum collected 20 ancient beds from Ming and Qing Dynasty. It is the first Chinese Museum collects and exhibit ancient beds. Among them, the most famous bed is made of boxwood took three-year work to finish it. Rich history loads on the designs and decorations of beds and you can find traces tell what life was at that time.Some decorations and carvings are for peace, or for more children and that is the ancient Chinese state of mind.
Shadow Play Theater
Different kinds of shadow puppetry play are performed every day . It is said that only the puppetry theater in Wuzhen is still performing every day. Shadow puppetry, a wild rose of folk art, is still blooming stubbornly as if it is the last hope for those who are interested in traditional folk art.
Shadow play in Wuzhen
Other Attractions near Wuzhen
I. Hangzhou West Lake
II. Classic Garden of Suzhou
III. Zhouzhuang Ancient Town